The Betti Ono Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit agency with a mission to build power through culture. We are Black women and survivor led.
The Betti Ono Foundation is a dynamic and vibrant non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and enriching the Arts & Culture sector in our community. With a strong commitment to fostering creativity, diversity, and accessibility, we work tirelessly to engage and uplift our community. Our organization values collaboration, innovation, and excellence in all aspects of our work.
As the Administrative & Operations Manager at the Betti Ono Foundation, you will supervise daily support and office operations of our agency and implement the most efficient administrative procedures. You will report to the CEO/Executive Director of the foundation, playing a vital role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of our office and services. You will manage administrative functions, oversee office operations, and provide essential support to our team, empowering them to focus on mission-driven work. A successful Administrative & Operations Manager has excellent communication and organizational skills. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in Arts & Culture, Social Justice & Community Impact efforts and will be able to actively discover new ways to help advance the mission of the Foundation.
Listed below are major duties and responsibilities of this position. It is not designed or intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the activities, duties, or responsibilities of the employee.
Office & Team Support:
- Oversee day-to-day administrative & operations support of the Foundation, including support for Leadership, Employees & Keystakholders.
- Ensuring a welcoming and inclusive virtual and in-person environment for staff, clients and visitors.
- Coordinate staff meetings, training sessions, and team building activities.
- Organizing senior leadership meetings, events and workshops, including scheduling, defining and developing agendas, aggregating materials for review, development of materials, note-taking and necessary follow ups.
- Provide administrative support to the CEO/Executive Director, Managing Director including calendar management, meeting scheduling, and correspondence.
- Prepare reports, presentations, and documents as needed.
- Manage Operational activities at every level of the organization, including management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety measures.
- Engage heavily in the day to day business administration and operations of the organization including team, finance, and programming deliverables.
- Support leading a team of creatives to complete a range of projects and tasks to support business objectives.
- Assessing staff performance and providing coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes.
- Provides confidential and professional administrative support to execute level management.
- Assist in onboarding of new employees through workspace, equipment and proper system access support, document sharing, meet and greets with key stakeholders and partnerships.
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation.
- Establish contracts and pricing to ensure proper maintenance, while also serving as primary liaison with utilities and local government agencies, such as fire, police, health, and safety agencies.
- Support quarterly management of operations budget. Provide strategic assistance and oversight of front-end revenue cycle work processes and outcomes. Oversee revenue policies and procedures, including billing for revenue regeneration.
- Maintains calendar of deliverables tied to recurring reports and presentations and ensures on-time reviews and final delivery for Monthly reports, Board of Directors (BOD) presentations, quarterly hindsights, fiscal year planning support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Administration, Finance, Non-profit Management or a related field with 5 years of progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Stakeholder management skills : Supporting and managing stakeholder engagement through communications and reporting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Arts & Culture, Gender Based violence, Social Justice and Community impact efforts.
- 5 years experience directly supporting C-suite, Executive and VP Foundation members, while supporting the completion of high-level confidential projects and deliverables advancing the organization’s mission.
- 5 years of general management or operations experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong administrative, organization and project management skills.
- Accurate and attention to detail with strong time management skills.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong collaborator with a history of building trusting relationships across functions.
- Masters Degree in Business, Management, Administration, Finance, or related field with 4 years of progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Highly skilled in problem analysis, performance evaluation and change management principles.
- Certification in Project Management; PMP (Project Management professional), Lean Six Sigma, etc.
- 6-10 years of progressively responsible Administrative/Operations management experience.
Salary Range: $75,000 -$85,000 with a comprehensive benefits package. The salary for this position is based on a number of factors, including experience, skills, and education. We believe that non-negotiable salaries are one way to ensure that all employees are fairly compensated, regardless of their race, gender or ethnicity.
Benefits and Impactful Opportunities:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage + 1 dependent
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Professional & Employee Development Opportunities
- Attend annual in person Retreats and Team events
- Collaborate with a Women leadership team.
- 2 weeks vacation
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Include the following subject line “Administrative & Operations Manager Application – Betti Ono Foundation”. The deadline for this application is October 31, 2023. Please apply before this date if possible. The Betti Ono Foundation thanks all applicants for their interest and time dedicated to apply; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.