The Betti Ono Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit agency with a mission to build power through culture. We are Black women and survivor led.
As a dynamic and evolving agency, The Betti Ono Foundation seeks an experienced writer and strategically skilled professional to join us as a Communications Strategist. In this position, you will play an integral role in drafting and presenting the powerful story of The Betti Ono Foundation and the continued impacts contributed towards advancing the Arts, Culture, Social Justice & Community Impact efforts in Oakland and around the world. The Communications Strategist supports all communication campaigns, branded materials, internal and external communications, newsletters, social media, website updates and more.
The Communications Strategist is a key leader of the Foundation in delivering the Betti Ono brand and communications strategy with a focus to advance organizational priorities on multiple platforms.
A successful Communications Strategist has excellent presentation, communication and public relations skills. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in media relations, strategic communications and scaling audience engagement. A strong interest and connection to the Arts, Culture, Social Justice & Community Impact efforts will equip this individual to be able to successfully represent the mission and values of the Foundation.
The Communications Strategist at The Betti Ono Foundation is responsible for:
Listed below are major duties and responsibilities of this position. It is not designed or intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the activities, duties, or responsibilities of the employee.
- Developing and executing engagement strategies for our active communications campaigns and partnering with key ally organizations to advance aligned strategies.
- Develop and execute digital strategies across departments to advance issues and narratives, support fundraising campaigns, and grow audiences across all platforms.
- Co-create compelling written content for email, social media, and our websites that builds meaningful connections and generates powerful calls to action.
- Cultivate and grow our email lists to advance organizational goals and build powerful relationships online.
- Draft communications for Press Releases, Conferences, Meetings, Social Media and Newsletters and other related communication platforms and tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or closely related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience managing Internal & External Communications, Public Relations, Crisis Communications, Event Management, Digital Marketing Strategy, Social Justice.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent analytical and organization skills.
- Proficient and up to date knowledge of Digital Marketing Engagement and experience in storytelling campaigns to expand the Foundations reach.
- Expert in Microsoft Suite.
- Flexibility and respect for Cultural Diversity.
- Masters Degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or closely related field.
- 5 years of Communications Management experience
- Strategic Communication Management Professional certification.
Salary Range: $75,000 -$85,000 with a comprehensive benefits package. The salary for this position is based on a number of factors, including experience, skills, and education. We believe that non-negotiable salaries are one way to ensure that all employees are fairly compensated, regardless of their race, gender or ethnicity.
Benefits and Impactful Opportunities:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage + 1 dependent
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Professional & Employee Development Opportunities
- Attend annual in person Retreats and Team events
- Collaborate with a Women leadership team.
- 2 weeks vacation
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com Include the following subject line “Communications Strategist – Betti Ono Foundation”. The deadline for this application is October 31, 2023. Please apply before this date if possible. The Betti Ono Foundation thanks all applicants for their interest and time dedicated to apply; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.