Title: Senior Project Manager
To Apply: Submit a PDF resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis with preference given to applicants received by August 15th, 2023 – Please apply before this date if possible. Include “Senior Project Manager” in the subject line.
Reports To: CEO
Position Status: Full-time (40 hours a week)
Salary: $100,000/year plus benefits described below
Remote/Hybrid *Local to Oakland preferred*
We are The Betti Ono Foundation. A bold manifestation of liberation and power headquartered in Oakland, California. A new hybrid entity of nonprofit foundation and social enterprise. The Betti Ono Foundation is a non-grantmaking, public charity that exists to strengthen our Oakland community. Betti Ono, LLC is a creative social enterprise that uses art, enterprise and social impact strategy to leverage creative capital, cultural products, and networks for good. We are Black women and survivor-led. Our mission is to build power through culture. We amplify the voices and lives of artists, and celebrate the culture of everyday people. Our vision and creative practice embodies the bold, curious, and unapologetic spirit of our namesakes – Betty Mabry Davis and Yoko Ono. We value art making as a form and function of activism, self-determination, community transformation, and cultural resilience. We are dedicated to amplifying the work and lives of Black, Brown, Immigrant, Indigenous, and LGBTQ+ artists and communities. Our core competencies are racial justice, alliance building, cultural strategy, and community engagement. Betti Ono works collaboratively across public and private sectors to advance shared public policy agendas and solutions to society’s most pressing civic issues. We use arts and culture to advance freedom, human rights, racial, and social justice.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for supporting and responding to our diverse community, exhibiting cultural competency, deep respect, and an ability to successfully engage an intersectional, racially, and culturally diverse audience. Central to this role is the planning and delivery of programs across the entire Betti Ono portfolio, on and off-site, including digital and online engagement. You will be tasked with ensuring all projects are appropriately scoped, planned, and delivered on time and to budget, and assist with the maintenance of financial and statistical reports and records. You will have a collaborative approach when working with community-based organizations and artists, as well as internal and external stakeholders to deliver excellent outcomes. Your key responsibilities in this role include project management , hiring and leading teams, relationship, and program budget management. Our candidate joins a collaborative effort, working with the CEO and team. We seek a collaborative, experienced, and organized leader to be the frontline in Betti Ono’s interaction with our community. This position offers a flexible schedule, opportunity for growth, and an adaptive leadership environment.
- Day-to-day tasks include working with the lead team to scope projects and develop project briefs. Exercising discretion and independent judgment in managing project administration.
- Designing and managing budgets, developing and executing detailed work plans that outline project strategies, tasks, responsibilities, logistics, and deadlines.
- Contracting, relationship management, management of project activations, and other expertise required to deliver projects.
- Leading and supervising project teams, outreach and recruitment for projects, artist engagement, calls for art and application development, “how to apply” info sessions, workshops, interviews, training, and onboarding processes in collaboration with the team.
Public Programs Management
- Design, organize, and manage online and in-person public programs in collaboration with project teams, clients, and community based partners, including listening sessions, panels, workshops, community forums, and presentations in alignment with the Betti Ono mission and strategic priorities.
- A strong orientation to deliver high-quality engagement and service through virtual platforms, including working with technical teams navigating systems and software.
- Serve as the primary point of contact ensuring a smooth flow of information and timely responses to inquiries and requests.
Community Relations and Awareness
- Create and implement strategies to engage in and facilitate thoughtful conversations with the community to listen, build trust, foster connection, and discover ways to deepen our impact.
- Represent Betti Ono as a member of the senior leadership team impacting resource mobilization, fund development, team building, community meetings, events, and discussions to strengthen and amplify our work as a valuable and active member of the community.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- Five or more years of progressively responsible experience designing, managing, and executing large scale and high impact arts, culture and social justice projects and a passion for producing curated events and programs from design to evaluation.
- Imaginative, ambitious, and values-driven, you are a true project leader with a solid track record and strong networks in the arts and culture, racial and social justice sectors You are comfortable and experienced in navigating new systems and adopting creative ideas to problem solve.
- You are a positive team contributor who is happy to work both collaboratively and independently. An excellent, thoughtful communicator in both verbal and written form, you have outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong project management skills, including design and utilization of tools.Proficiency in setting up and running project management and video conference software (such as Asana, Monday.com, Teams, GoToMeeting, Zoom) for large and small teams, group meetings/events.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and build strong, positive relationships with colleagues and partners, both internally and externally.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence, including interpersonal skills and experience working with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with developing and creating surveys/polls and using polling software.
- Exercises confidentiality and discretion at all times when communicating with or in regard to external partners.
- Exhibits a courteous, professional demeanor at all times.
- Engages in professional development activities to improve job-related skills and knowledge.
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to be flexible and multi-task with demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities. Proven ability to anticipate needs and problem solve.
- Excellent verbal and written communication (i.e. professional correspondence, proofreading, editing) skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to high level inquiries from BOF’s senior leadership team, staff, community partners, stakeholders, and members of the community.
This is a full-time position, based on an annual salary of $100,000 depending on experience with the potential to grow. Medical, dental, vision, benefits are included. This is a tax-exempt position.