Betti Ono offers fellowships and internships in arts administration, community and civic engagement, exhibitions, social media, marketing and design
TO APPLY: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org | with the subject line: Your Name – ( LIST SPECIFIC FELLOWSHIP or INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY )
- Commitment to mission, vision and values of Betti Ono, cultural equity, economic, racial and social justice for the entire duration of the internship or fellowship opportunity
- Genuine interest in contemporary art and Bay Area arts communities
- Ability to work both independently and in a group setting, Must be available to work a flexible schedule as well as some evenings and weekends.
- Computer and software skills: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, WordPress
- Social Media Platforms
- Art Handling skills (installation, framing, packing/crating)
- Excellent communication both verbal and written, respectful and professional attitude and a willingness to learn
PROGRAM FELLOWS|Program Fellowships are 6-months to a year in duration and provide intensive, hands-on leadership and professional development opportunities for Juniors and Seniors at the undergraduate level as well as currently enrolled and recent graduate students in masters programs. College credit available for currently enrolled students attending partner institutions.
Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates for (1) Program Fellow and (1) Community Engagement Fellow to support Betti Ono 2018-2019 programming and specifically provide administrative and program capacity. These positions are expected to fulfill specific engagement, project management and public programming requirements:
- To be key team members, at the frontline of interaction with the community, engaging with the public and with peers, providing administrative capacity and support for ongoing visual arts and public programs including talks, lectures, screenings, workshops, and trainings.
- To work with staff and project teams to develop a half- or full-day public programs, events and engagements in conjunction with The Fire Next Time: A Call & Response, the 2018 Youth Summit and 2019 culminating events.
- The term of the fellowship is six months and must take place between September 1, 2018, and August 31, 2019. It is expected that Fellows have a flexible schedule and be available evenings and weekends as needed.
Internships| Betti Ono internships provide ongoing opportunities in 6-month intervals in the in the Fall and Spring each year. College credit available for currently enrolled students attending partner institutions.
ADMINISTRATIVE & GALLERY MANAGEMENT INTERN This part-time unpaid position is flexible with a minimum of 12 hour per week commitment. The intern’s primary function will be to develop the skills to support the daily operations of the gallery and staff and specific projects related to overall gallery management. Duties may include: client services, greeting visitors, answering phones and interacting with the public, operations projects and database management, press and media support, assisting in the coordination of special events, such as receptions, public programs, artist talks and tours.
EXHIBITIONS INTERN This part-time unpaid position is flexible with a minimum of 12 hour per week commitment. Interns gain detailed knowledge of Betti Ono’s visual arts programming and support the production and development of visual arts programs. Assist with all aspects of creating and running an exhibition, including planning, installation, deinstallation, artist relations, exhibition programming.
COMMUNICATIONS/SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN This part-time unpaid position is flexible with a minimum of 12 hour per week commitment and maximum of 15 hours. The intern will assist with communications/social media projects, maintaining and creating new content for the Betti Ono website, media tracking and list-building; organizing and archiving media content; update events and exhibition information on online listing sites, formatting e-blast emails to press and email list, updating the website and social networking sites.
GRAPHIC DESIGN This part-time unpaid position is flexible with a minimum of 12 hour per week commitment and maximum of 15 hours. The intern will support the team by contributing creativity and design expertise to a variety of projects. The Graphic Design Intern will help conceptualize and create the visuals that tell the our story including info-graphics, presentations, editing/manipulating logos, photos and social media content. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented self-starter who is creative, original, resourceful and enthusiastic about a career in design. This is a unique opportunity to grow your skills within a vibrant community.
You must be logged in to post a comment.